SFI Report Launch
About the event
Hosted one year after the announcement of the Initiative, this event brought together SFI co-leads, donors and guests on September 23rd to discuss the impacts of two decades of counterterrorism action under the United Nations Security Council. The SFI report was informed by a series of global consultations with governments, academics, practitioners, UN officials and civil society organizations held over the past year.
The day’s agenda included a presentation of the report’s key findings and recommendations, a moderated discussion with panelists who have participated in the process, and an interactive discussion. The event took place at the InterContinental New York Barclay hotel.
- Eric Rosand (SFI Co-Lead & Visiting Senior Fellow, The Soufan Center)
- Naureen Chowdhury Fink (SFI Co-Lead & Executive Director, The Soufan Center)
- Alistar Millar (SFI Co-Lead & President, Fourth Freedom Forum)
- Ilkka Salmi (Counter-Terrorism Coordinator, European Union)
- Stephan Husy (Ambassador at Large for International Counter-Terrorism, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs)
- Maya Mirchandani (Senior Fellow, Observer Research Foundation
- Jessica White (Senior Research Fellow, Royal United Services Institute)
- Christian Emmanuel Mouaya Poui (Head of Training & Equipment, African Centre on the Study and Research on Terrorism)