SFI Report Launch
About the Event
Hosted one year after the Securing the Future Initiative (SFI) was first announced, this event brought together SFI co-leads, donors, and guests to discuss the findings of the SFI report, Counterterrorism and the United Nations Security Council Since 9/11: Moving Beyond the 2011 Paradigm. To read the final report, click here.
Informed by a series of global consultations with governments, academics, practitioners, UN officials, and civil society organizations over the prior year, the report examined the impacts of of two decades of counterterrorism action under the UN Security Council. The event featured a presentation of the report’s key findings and recommendations, a moderated discussion with panelists who participated in SFI consultations, and an interactive discussion between speakers and attendees. The event took place on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly on September 23, 2022 at the InterContinental New York Barclay hotel.
- Eric Rosand (SFI Co-Lead & Visiting Senior Fellow, The Soufan Center)
- Naureen Chowdhury Fink (SFI Co-Lead & Executive Director, The Soufan Center)
- Alistar Millar (SFI Co-Lead & President, Fourth Freedom Forum)
- Ilkka Salmi (Counter-Terrorism Coordinator, European Union)
- Stephan Husy (Ambassador at Large for International Counter-Terrorism, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs)
- Maya Mirchandani (Senior Fellow, Observer Research Foundation
- Jessica White (Senior Research Fellow, Royal United Services Institute)
- Christian Emmanuel Mouaya Poui (Head of Training & Equipment, African Centre on the Study and Research on Terrorism)